The following policy may seem a bit over the top; however it is intended to protect our members from fraud. In the past we have had a competitor of one of our members
try to cancel a memberís membership. Due to this we have put in place this safeguard for the protection of our members.
Membership in the Bridal Association of America starts with a 12 month commitment. After 12 consecutive months of membership you may cancel your membership by following the directions below.
There are amendments to this policy. Some contracts (Bridal Shows, Wedding Book advertising, Insurance and others as stipulated in each contract) will extend your contract by as much as 12 to 16 months from the date of signature.
This amendment is in place of paying full price on bridal shows or on contracted services due to item promoting the member base.
Common misunderstandings - these will not cancel your membership
- Membership does not automatically cancel after 1 year
- Just not paying your dues will not cancel your membership and could amount to several hundred dollars in past dues and late fees and could eventually result in legal fees.
- Calling the office to cancel your membership then telling me I talked to some girl and she said it was ok.
- Sending an email or replying to an email.
Please follow the directions below.
Canceling your membership with the Bridal Association of America can be done in 1 of 2 ways
- You can make an appointment with Kyle Brown and submit your cancellation in person.
Kyle is available most days Monday ~ Friday 9am to 5pm
- You can send a certified letter of cancellation and include the following information:
To cancel your membership with the BAOA you must send a certified letter of cancelation and include the following information:
- Your Name:
- Company Name:
- Phone #:
- E-Mail Address:
- User Name:
- Reason for cancellation
Please Mail to
Bridal Association of America
Membership Dept: 2
531 H Street
Bakersfield, Ca 93304
all cancellations take effect 30 days from date of reciept of letter
There is no refund on Membership dues
Click here to print the letter of Cancellation