For the Catholics who want to have a keepsake from the Vatican, you can send out an invite to the Pope!
Information about Applying for Papal Blessing Parchments
1. Directly from the Office in Vatican City
The Office of Papal Charities within Vatican City can be visited by entering the Saint Ann Gate (located to the right of the colonnade of Saint Peter’s Square) during office hours: 8:30 to 13:30 noon, Monday through Saturday.
2. By letter or fax
Requests for Papal Blessings on parchment can be sent to the Elemosineria Apostolica – Office of Papal Charities only by regular post or by fax (but not by e-mail)
The request should include:
– the name, surname and address of the person making the request;
– the name and surname of the person(s) for whom the blessing is being requested;
– the reason or occasion prompting the request;
– the date, the name of the Church and the address are required when the blessing is requested for the celebration of a sacrament, a religious profession or an anniversary;
– the address of where to send the parchment and payment details.
The payment should be made after you receive the Papal blessing. It is possible to make the payment in one of two ways:
– via a bank transfer (the banking coordinates will be sent to you in the same parcel as the parchment)
– or by online credit card payment via our website.
The account will reflect:
– the cost of the parchment (ranging from 13 to 25 euros according to the model chosen by the office for the specific occasion)
– and the postage costs (outside Italy according to the destination). For normal postage 10-16 euros or with express courier (DHL) 18-30 euros.
The time required for receiving the parchment is approximately one month from the date when the request is received.
Requests made by telephone are not admitted.
3. Circumstances for which parchment papal blessings are granted
The Apostolic Blessing is granted for the following occasions:
Marriage Anniversaries (10, 25, 40, 50 , 60 years)*, Priestly Ordination, Religious Profession
Birthdays (18, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)*
Requests for papal blessings for other occasions will not be accepted.
|Postal Address:||Elemosineria Apostolica
00120 Vatican City
|Telephone:||(+39) 06.69873279 – (+39) 06.69871100
(office hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
[UTC+1 : CET – Central European Time])